Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First Contractions - Now Homebound

Last Thursday, at 30 weeks and 2 days, I woke up to contractions at 3am. I did not self diagnose them or even become worried until the pains were happening every 45 minutes around 11am. Fortunately, Adam and I had both pre-elected to take a day of vacation on Thursday so our morning was a little slower than normal (chocolate chip pancakes and down time). We could assess the situation before running off to our "Baby Moon" in Dahlonega, GA at the Long Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast: http://www.longmountainlodge.com/.

I called the doctor and they insisted we come immediately to their office by the hospital in case we needed to be admitted. That is when I took the situation seriously. My OB was on call at the hospital and was called in to see me. They boys were well and I was instructed to work from home the rest of the pregnancy. One may get excited about this idea but the second we left the hospital, my tears began. Adam and I drove straight to the b&b since it was only 45 minutes from Northside Forsyth Hospital (sister hospital to Northside Atlanta). It was amazing for our hearts, my health, our centering with the Lord and our marriage!!! I recognized that it was my pride and competency that had been challenged by these new orders and the Lord quickly broke me of that on our getaway.

Thankful that the boys arrival and length of life has already been determined. Today marks 31 weeks for them and we are all feeling strong. Praising God!

1 comment:

  1. hey kelly! Can I bring you guys dinner one night? I really want too! Will you call my cell phone (404) 2771393

    Glad you had fun at the B & B

    ReplyDelete